This international scientific journal is a peer-reviewed journal managed by the Future Science, Malang. Indonesia. Journal was founded on 02 May 2020 after focus group discussion among agronomist and biologist group of Indonesia scholars. Discussions within the WA group resulted in an agreement to form a journal called Journal of Agriculture and Applied Biology (J. Agric. Appl. Biol. or JAAB). Darwin H. Pangaribuan Ph.D. ,lecturer and researcher Faculty of Agriculture, Universitas Lampung, Indonesia, was appointed to be the pioneer and the first Editor-in-Chief responsible for the initiation and development of Journal. Initially, JAAB was published twice a year, in June and December during 2020- 2021.
The followings are the historical milestones of JAAB:
- Agric. Appl. Biol. was first published in June 2020 (Vol. 1, No. 1 June 2020) with 5 articles.
- On 26 August 2020, Agric. Appl. Biol.has obtained an ISSN (Online) 2723-5106
- In August 2020 J. Agric. Appl. Biol partnered with Publons, (member of Web of Science) and with ReviewerCredits. It means that after completion of peer review, the reviewers will get all the credit of the review works.
- In September - October 2020 J. Agric. Appl. Biol. has been indexed by Google Scholar, Scilit, Dimensions, and has become a member of Crossref, meaning all the articles have a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- The second issue 1 No. 2 December 2020, third issue Vol. 2 No. 1 June 2021, and the fourth issue Vol. 2 No 2 December 2021, J. Agric. Appl. Biol. published regularly 8 articles per issue.
- In May - July 2021, JAAB has been indexed by Garuda, BASE, ScinceGate, ICI Copernicus
- Starting from 2022, JAAB will be published 3 times a year (in March, July, and November).